Popular Posts

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

3 more months

Last night I was reminded of my deep bond I have with Evelyn- I was lying there with pregnancy insomnia at 1am and thinking how much I missed her, how I missed getting up to nurse her or when she used to sleep all night with me in the crook of my arm.  I wished that she would wake up tonight, just for a minute so I could hold her and rock her to sleep in the dark.  Within minutes, I heard her wake up and cry for me- and I jumped happily out of bed to go rock her to sleep.

 It was so nice.  It's like she knows when I need her as much as I know when she needs me. She may sleep in her own room now ;she may not nurse anymore, but we are still connected in this crazy way that I never knew existed before having her.  

I hope I can remember this as I enter the chaotic time of having another newborn who has no sleep schedule and needs me so many times at night I lose track. We are building a bond that is worth it. 

I am so excited about having another little tiny life coming in three more months, but at the same time I think every second time mom experiences the jitters as the big day nears. 

See, as you might know, Evelyn is my whole world right now. I am feeling like that time of it just being me and her is passing by so quickly- I just want to soak in every sweet moment where life is this simple- one nap to worry about, one bedtime, quiet nights that are filled with sleep and predictability. 

At the same time, this new sibling can't come soon enough! Evelyn needs her sibling even though she doesn't know it yet. I see how I am at my limits at being able to play and interact on her level everyday - I cannot wait for her to have this new person in her life that is small like her and to see how they love each other.  I know it will take a little while for them to get used to each other, but like any special bond- all the ups and downs are worth it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment